- President's Message
- About Us
- Calendar of Events
- Chapter History
- National and Southern Area Websites
- Members Only
The North Broward County Chapter of The Links , Incorporated has established itself as the leader in helping to improve the lives of under served communities. Providing more than 2,000 hours of community volunteer service through the arts, literacy, health & wellness, scholarships and other community services the North Broward County Chapter of The Links, Incorporated is recognized for it's dedicated commitment to service.
We invite YOU to join us in our quest to empower our underserved yet deserving communities. Please view our site with anticipation and ways you may become involved through collaborative efforts, donation towards our programs, a sponsorship, or attending one of our community events. Let's make a positive difference together.
Linda Houston Jones
President, North Broward County Chapter
of The Links, Incorporated
The Links, Incorporated is an international, not-for-profit corporation, established in 1946. The membership is comprised of 12,000 concerned, committed and talented African-American women with 270 chapters located in 42 states, the District of Columbia and the Commonwealth of the Bahamas. It is one of the nation's oldest and largest volunteer service organizations of women who are committed to enriching, sustaining and ensuring the culture and economic survival of African Americans and other person of African ancestry.
The various chapters and The Links Foundation, Inc. have awarded over ten million dollars to charitable organizations. The members are civic leaders, role models, mentors and activists who work towards a common vision by engaging like minded organizations and individuals for partnership. Link members contribute over 500,000 documented hours of community service annually. For over 60 years the organization has gathered momentum, continuously refined its purposes, sharpened its focus, and expanded its program dimensions in order to make the name “Links” synonymous with not only a chain of friendship, but also a chain of purposeful service.
Click on the event to view details about the event.
History of North Broward County Chapter of The Links, Incorporated
The North Broward County Chapter of The Links, Incorporated had its beginning in 1990 when three friends, Dorothy Ruffin, Margaret Roseburr and Gloria Butler (who has since moved away from the area) voiced their concerns about issues affecting the Northern Broward community. These three dedicated women realized that the majority of services and civic organizations emanated from the central area of Broward County. They found themselves constantly commuting to central Broward in order to participate in organizations and events which impacted the lives of African Americans.
Perceiving that there were enough concerns to be addressed within their own community, this original group invited other women with similar feelings and experiences to join them. They organized as the North Broward Women's Group. The North Broward Women's Group met monthly to plan and implement various successful projects. This committed, progressive group of ladies recognized the need to affiliate with a prominent national organization in order to be more effective. In May 1995, the North Broward Women's Group was chartered as a chapter of The Links, Incorporated.
The Chapter continues to sustain the vision of its founding members and to fulfill the legacy of The Links, Incorporated, by promoting friendship and providing service in the community.
National Links Website
The Links, Incorporated founded in 1946, is one of the oldest and largest volunteer service organizations of women who are committed to enriching, sustaining and ensuring the culture and economic survival of African Americans and other persons of African ancestry. For more information, visit out National Website at http://www.linksinc.org.
Southern Area of The Links Website
For more information, visit out Southern Area Website at http://www.salinksinc.org.
This section of our website is for members only. Login ID and password are required to enter.